COVID19 Guide – ENGLISH
COVID-19 is a new disease which can affect your respiratory system.
It is caused by the virus SARS CoV-2, which belongs to the family of coronavirus.
If you have any of these symptoms:
• Recurrent and persistent cough;
• Fever (37.5 degrees Celsius or higher)
You should preventively stay at home for the following 14 days, and call Serviço Nacional de Saúde SNS 24 (808 24 24 24), which in case of need will direct you to the most adequate healthcare institution in your area.
Advice on staying at home
• Don’t go to work, to school, to the pharmacy, or any healthcare unit or hospital
• Don’t share house rooms or if so, clean the surfaces after;
• Avoid close contact with other people;
• Do not receive guests;
• Wash your hands before interacting with pets
When should I contact the National Health Service (SNS24)?
• When you feel your symptoms are not improving at home;
• When your condition is deteriorating;
• When your symptoms do not improve after 14 days;
How do I contact with the National Health Service?
The General Directorate of Health (DGS) supplies three ways to obtain access to information
• email@example.com – to ask questions about COVID-19 disease
• Call number SNS 808 24 24 24 – if you suspect you have COVID-19
• Call number 300 502 502 – Social Security to ask questions about the period of quarantine, medical absence leaves to provide assistance to relatives
What can I do to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus?
• Ensure you wash your hands frequently with water and soap for at least 20 seconds
• Keep social distance
• Respiratory etiquette (cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing, using a paper tissue or your arm but never your hands;
(discard the paper tissue in the trash)
• Follow the advice about staying at home if you have symptoms
For more information, search in the website of the General Directorate of Health (Direção Geral da Saúde-DGS)